CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support
If you are driven to providing help to those in the community that are most in need, enrolling in a Cert 3 Aged Care course is one way you can use your passion for the benefit of others. This Cert 3 Aged Care course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to provide individualised support and person centred care (PCC) to those who require support through either ageing, disabilities or other hindering factors. Providing support to others is one of the most rewarding careers there is and to begin this journey a Cert 3 Aged Care (General) is a perfect start.
Fast, Easy Enrolment with No Waiting Lists
Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Expert Trainers with Industry Experience
Aged Care Course Outline
Learners within this Cert 3 Aged Care course will undertake their learning and assessments in a mixed mode delivery method.
- 2x weekly workshops
- Workshop based assessments
- Monthly group support lessons for those wanting that little bit extra support
- Workplace based learning with a 160 hours of required work placement, along with workplace observation and assessments.
- Practical assessments along with direct observation
Register your Interest
One of our team members will get back to you shortly to discuss your Aged Care training needs.
Aged Care Course Details
|Course Code||Course Name|
|CHC33015||Certificate III in Individual Support|
|Course Duration||Work Experience|
|6 Months||Not Required|
|Delivery Method||Course Dates|
|Classroom & Online||Rolling Intakes|
Aged Care Skills Gained
- How to support independence and well-being
- How to work ethically and legally within health and community services
- Providing individualised aged care support along with facilitating empowerment of older people
- Providing first aid to the elderly
- How to provide the correct aged care support to those living with dementia
- + Fee Details
Cert 3 Aged Care (General) Fee Details
Concession $249.60* Non Concession $842.40* Fee for service $4,250.00
- Fees are invoiced at the commencement of each unit of study throughout the qualification
- The entire course fee can be payable upon commencement of the course
- With prior approval a payment arrangement can be negotiated with the student
- In certain circumstances a fee waiver under severe financial hardship can be requested, however all fee waivers must be in accordance with the vet fees and charges policy.
Other fees & charges
- Student Resource Fees - NIL
- Student Textbooks - NIL
- Assessment marking/remarking - NIL
- Campus Fees - NIL
- Certificate Issuance - NIL
- Certificate Issuance – NIL
1 Persons and dependants of persons holding: A pensioner Concession Card, A Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the department of Veterans’ Affairs; or A Health Care Card. Persons and dependants of persons in receipt of services from the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs: Job Active, Online Employment services or. ParentsNext. Persons and dependents of person in receipt of AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY. Person and dependants of person in receipt of Youth Allowance. Persons and dependants of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution. Secondary school aged persons, not enrolled at school
- + Units undertaken in this course
- CHCCCS015 - Provide Individualised Support
- CHCCCS023 - Support Independence and Wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and Work in Health or Community Services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with Diverse People
- CHCLEG001 - Work Legally and Ethically
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise Healthy Body Systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow Safe Works Practices for Direct Client Care
- CHCAGE005 - Provide Support to People Living with Dementia
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTINF001 - Comply with Infection Prevention & Control Policies and Procedures
- HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
- CHCCCS011 - Meet Personal Support Needs
- HLTWHS005 - Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
- + Potential Career Opportunities
Potential Job Roles
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- Aged Care Worker
- Residential Support and Care Worker
- Individual Support Worker
For more information on a career in aged care visit: Careers in Aged Care - Where can it take you?
- + Work Placement
What is Work Placement?
Work placement employs practical learning through a structured program of onsite work experience giving you the tools to succeed in the real world.
Training Unlimited assists all students with securing work placement with our strong network of host employers. We also encourage our students to actively pursue finding their own work placement opportunities which provides additional experience when it comes to job searching later in their careers.
Minimum Work Placement Requirement
This Certificate III requires a minimum of 160 Hours of suitable work placement.
You must have with suitable skills in language, numeracy and literacy for a Cert 3 level course. See more information https://www.aqf.edu.au/aqf-levels
Additional Awareness Courses
Additionally, Training Unlimited offer personal development modules in health to help people gain a greater understanding of healthcare. We have a comprehensive range of Online Health Care Courses to extend your skills, that you can study from work or home to gain a same day non-accredited certificate.