CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
If you are driven to providing help to those in the community that are most in need, enrolling in a Cert 3 Aged Care course is one way you can use your passion for the benefit of others. This Cert 3 Aged Care course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to provide individualised support and person centred care (PCC) to those who require support through either ageing, disabilities or other hindering factors. Providing support to others is one of the most rewarding careers there is and to begin this journey a Cert 3 Aged Care (Ageing) is a perfect start.
Fast, Easy Enrolment with No Waiting Lists
Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Expert Trainers with Industry Experience
Aged Care Course Outline
Learners within this Cert 3 Aged Care course will undertake their learning and assessments in a mixed mode delivery method.
- 3x weekly workshops
- Workshop based assessments
- Monthly group support lessons for those wanting that little bit extra support
- Workplace based learning with a 160 hours of required workplacement, along with workplace observation and assesments.
- Practical assessments along with direct observation
Register your Interest
One of our team members will get back to you shortly to discuss your Aged Care training needs.
Aged Care Course Details
|Course Code||Course Name|
|CHC33015||Certificate III in Individual Support|
|Course Duration||Work Experience|
|6 Months||Not Required|
|Delivery Method||Course Dates|
|Classroom & Online||Rolling Intakes|
Aged Care Skills Gained
- How to support independence and well-being
- How to work ethically and legally within health and community services
- Providing individualised aged care support along with facilitating empowerment of older people
- Providing first aid to the elderly
- How to provide the correct aged care support to those living with dementia
- Supporting independance and well being of those in a community or resedential setting
- + Units undertaken in this course
- CHCCCS015 - Provide Individualised Support
- CHCCCS023 - Support Independence and Wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and Work in Health or Community Services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with Diverse People
- CHCLEG001 - Work Legally and Ethically
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise Healthy Body Systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow Safe Works Practices for Direct Client Care
- CHCAGE005 - Provide Support to People Living with Dementia
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- HLTINF001 - Comply with Infection Prevention & Control Policies and Procedures
- HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
- CHCCCS011 - Meet Personal Support Needs
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the Empowerment of Older People
- HLTWHS005 - Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
- + Potential Career Opportunities
Potential Job Roles
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- Aged Care Worker
- Residential Support and Care Worker
- Individual Support Worker
For more information on a career in aged care visit: Careers in Aged Care - Where can it take you?
- + Work Placement
What is Work Placement?
Work placement employs practical learning through a structured program of onsite work experience giving you the tools to succeed in the real world.
Training Unlimited assists all students with securing work placement with our strong network of host employers. We also encourage our students to actively pursue finding their own work placement opportunities which provides additional experience when it comes to job searching later in their careers.
Minimum Work Placement Requirement
This Certificate III requires a minumum of 160 Hours of suitable workplacement.
You must have with suitable skills in language, numeracy and literacy for a Cert 3 level course. See more information https://www.aqf.edu.au/aqf-levels
Additional Awareness Courses
Additionally, Training Unlimited offer personal development modules in health to help people gain a greater understanding of healthcare. We have a comprehensive range of Online Health Care Courses to extend your skills, that you can study from work or home to gain a same day non-accredited certificate.