Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Online Course Details
A falls prevention program for home care significantly reduces the risk of debilitating injuries, costly hospitalisations, and enhances the overall quality of life for older adults.
Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care is a specialised training course designed to equip caregivers and healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to develop and implement effective falls prevention strategies in home care settings.
The learner outcomes for this course include:
- Comprehensive Falls Risk Assessment: Participants will learn to conduct thorough assessments to identify potential fall risks in the home care environment, considering both environmental factors and individual health conditions.
- Personalised Intervention Planning: Understand how to develop individualised falls prevention plans, incorporating evidence-based strategies such as exercise programs, adaptive equipment, and home modifications.
- Client Education and Empowerment: Gain skills in effectively communicating with clients and their families about falls prevention, promoting awareness, and empowering clients to actively participate in their own safety..
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Learn how to establish monitoring systems to track the effectiveness of falls prevention interventions, allowing for timely adjustments and improvements.
- Collaboration with Multidisciplinary Teams: Develop collaborative skills to work with a multidisciplinary team, including healthcare professionals, therapists, and family members, to create a holistic and effective falls prevention program.
This program focuses on a proactive and personalised approach, providing participants with practical tools to assess fall risks, tailor interventions to individual needs, and empower clients to maintain their independence while minimising the risk of falls.
This course is crucial for healthcare professionals and caregivers providing services in home care settings. By completing this program, participants will be equipped to design and implement tailored falls prevention programs, ensuring the safety and well-being of clients in the comfort of their homes.
This non-accredited online course is offered through our learning management system. There are 2 components to this training program:
- Online learning
- Online workbooks
Students should allow up to 45 minutes for the online learning to be completed. If you have completed Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Online training in the past, you may be able to complete the online program in a shorter time frame.
Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Key Facts
100% Online Course - Complete your course quickly and easily online.
Learn at your own pace - Track your progress and complete your course at your convenience within a 3-month period.
Engaging & Interactive Content - Enjoy a mix of interactive modules, multiple-choice questions, and videos that make learning fun and interesting.
Same Day Certificate - Certificate of completion will be emailed directly to you.
|Unique Approach to Refresher Training
|Animation and Interactivity
|WCAG 2.0 Accessibility
Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Course Requirements
Our Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care courses enable you to gain the skills and certification you need fast. The course content and learning management system is industry-leading, ensuring you have a great online experience.
To complete an online course you need the following resources -
- PC or Mac Computer, Tablet, iPad, iPhone or Android phone
- Internet connection and browser (see below)
- Speakers or headphones
Once you have enrolled we supply you with access details to login to your learner portal so you can start straight away, and have 3 months to complete the course.
The Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care course is a mixture of interactive modules, multiple choice questions and videos. You don't have to complete the course all at once, and can pause it so you can pick up where you left off later. Once you've successfully completed the course, you will be emailed your Certificate of Completion straight away.
- Online Course Software
Our online courses are accessible on a wide range of devices including Windows and Mac computers, iPads, tablets, and smartphones (both Android and iPhone).
- For computers and tablets, we advise using the most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Please note, Microsoft Edge is not supported at this time.
- For iPhone users, the operating system should be iOS 11 or above, and Safari is the recommended browser.
- For Android users, Chrome is the recommended browser.
Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Course Pre-requisites
- There are no pre-requisites for completing these courses and students do not require a USI number.
Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Online Assessment
Students will be assessed through the use of online workbooks to confirm knowledge has been achieved and are provided unlimited attempts to complete the Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Online course.
This Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Online course combines plain English, videos, photos, and questioning to ensure all learners can have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills.
Please Note: if you require accredited training or a Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Statement of Attainment for the workplace, you should check with your employer or industry body to confirm Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Online is accepted prior to enrolment. We do not offer refunds to students who did not realise they needed an accredited Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care certificate.
Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Certification
Once successfully completed, learners will be issued with a certificate of completion for Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care. Certificates are emailed to students however hard a copy is available for an additional fee.
Students will be issued with a -
- Certificate of completion for Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care
Certificates are issued by Training Unlimited Pty Ltd (RTO ID 20891).
Please be aware Students are NOT completing a nationally recognised unit of competency and will NOT be provided with a Statement of Attainment after completing this course.
Course EnrolmentFalls Prevention Programs in Home Care Course Description Student Handbook
The cost for the Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Online course is $49.
View the Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Refund Policy.
If organising staff training, we can facilitate the Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Online course for groups.Book Now
Online Course FAQs
- How do I get my Certificate?
Once you've successfully completed your online course you'll receive your certificate by email straight away.
- What are the System Requirements?
How do you get access to the course material? Once you log onto your learner portal, your course will be there. All you need to do is click START.
Do you need to download any software? No, just log in with your desktop or iPhone and you can start it straight away!
When does access expire? You will need to complete the course within 3 months of the original booking date.
Can you use Windows, Mac, Android and iPhone? YES, you can use all software.
Are there any tests and what type of tests are they? Within the course, there is interactive modules, multiple choice and videos.
- What do I need to start learning?
Nothing! All you need is a computer or laptop. The latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari are recommend.
- Why learn online?
Our online courses enable you to gain the skills and certification you need anywhere - even in the comfort of your own home. Our course content and learning management system is industry-leading, enabling you to achieve best results first time.
General Course FAQs
- Can Centrelink pay for me?
What you need to do is register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly. Unfortunately Centrelink does not pay directly.
- Can I pay my package in instalments?
Unfortunately we cannot offer this service, full payment of course fees are required at the time of booking. The good news is that we try to always offer value for money and keep course fees affordable, so you know that you are always getting good value, especially with our package deals which offer reduced prices!
- Can you get me a job?
Although we cannot guarantee you a job, we would be delighted to refer you to an agent who may be able to assist you to find work.
- What if I have trouble with written/spoken english for a Course?
You may bring a friend along to the course or, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.
- What payment methods do you accept?
Payment can be made at the time of booking using either a credit card, EFTPOS or cash. Invoices and acceptance of company cheques is by prior arrangement only.