This course has been developed to provide you with an understanding of workplace violence and aggression in healthcare and the associated risks, what to do during an incident, and steps that can prevent and minimise violence and aggression.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- The nature of workplace violence and agressions in a healthcare setting, uncluding prevalence, scope and cost
- The associated legal and policy frameworks concerning violence and aggression in a healthcare setting
- Steps you can take to prepared and prevent incidents, including the environment situational-patient risk assessment (ESP)
- The assault cycle
- Steps to manage a person progressing through each phase of the assault cycle
- Things you can do to help manage violent individuals
- The key responsibilities of employees and employers in the event of an incident
Endorsed by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association (AHHA).
The AHHA endorses this course as meeting AHHA’s standards for educational quality and usability with the content having been developed by an appropriately credentialed subject matter expert.
|Adaptics - Kineo's unique approach to refresher training|
|Animation and interactivity|
|WCAG 2.0 accessibility|
100% Online Course - Complete your course quickly and easily online, no need to visit a classroom.
Learn at your own pace - We keep a record of how far you've progressed with your course, so you can complete it whenever you prefer.
Same Day Certificate - Upon completion your certificate will be sent to you.
Once successfully completed, learners will be issued with a Workplace Violence and Aggression in Healthcare course. Certificates are issued by Training Unlimited Pty Ltd (RTO ID 20891).
PLEASE BE AWARE - Students are NOT completing a nationally recognised unit of competency. Students will NOT receive a Statement of Attainment after completing this course.
Online Course FAQs
- How do I get my Certificate?
Once you've successfully completed your course you'll need to fill out some information which is required by the Australian Government. We simply need a few bits of information about you and your USI number (more information here). Once we've got this information we will email your certificate to you.
- What do I need to start learning?
Nothing! All you need is a computer or laptop. The latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari are recommend.
- Why learn online?
Our online courses enable you to gain the skills and certification you need anywhere - even in the comfort of your own home. Our course content and learning management system is industry-leading, enabling you to achieve best results first time.
The cost for this Workplace Violence and Aggression in Healthcare course is $49.